Monday, January 19, 2009

Superbowl Here We Come

I don't know if you know this, but generally in households of mixed beliefs the wife ends up doing whatever the husband believes. This is the Creation order apparently, because I can tell you I've converted. I ordered my Troy Paulomaulo (strike that, Polamalu, thanks Steve) jersey last night before the game was even over, just so I wouldn't feel left out from this group:
She was, I think, explaining what she thought Mike Tomlin ought to have done. It was a tense game there for a little bit, and everybody felt bad for the Baltimore player who got hurt:



But we celebrated very enthusiastically and confused the dog, and I had a comfortable back for the first time in days becaue the Husband insisted on buying me a recliner yesterday.

(Really!)

It's not as extravagant as it seems because 1) we had a gift certificate for Costco that the Husband won at work and 2) we bought the chair at Costco so it ended costing us $37. For a wonderful, comfortable, leather recliner that will be oh-so-nice for those nights when we are trying to rock two Little People to sleep at the same time. (Please, Lord, let them go to sleep at the same time.)

In conclusion, you all (the fam, not random weird strangers who might be reading this) are invited to a superbowl party at our house. We're already sketching out menus and the Husband has declared that we have to get the good beer, since it's the Steelers.... so consider yourselves invited. :)

Go Steelers!

Breanna

2 comments:

Steve said...

Troy Paulomaulo as opposed to Troy Polamalu? ;) or is there an inside joke I'm missing?

Breanna said...

No, but you try being too lazy to navigate over to the Fox Sports page while keeping your "compose" window open and trying to remember how to spell Polamalu while keeping Miss Boo from giving Paddy her entire cup of milk-- I considered just calling him "Troy the Great Defensive Player with the Cool Hair". :D