Here is my menu for the month:
Breakfasts (3 choices - some might like more, but we are pretty stick-in-the-mud):
Cold cereal
Hot cereal
Eggs & toast
For the Husband: pumpkin/zucchini bread added to above, since his needs to be fast/portable.
Lunches:
Leftovers
Sandwiches (egg, tuna, PB&J)
Snacks (Miss Boo needs snacks, and I do too while I'm el preggo):
Cookies (homemade) & milk
Cheese & crackers
Graham crackers & milk
Pumpkin/zucchini bread & milk
Dinners: - a selection of 30 items. I'll list ours, but I think everyone's would be different since not everyone, for instance, likes lentils as much as we do. Also, these aren't in any kind of order. This is just the order I thought of them. We obviously won't have soup two nights in a row. Here goes:
1. Chicken enchiladas, salad
2. Meatloaf, potatoes, carrots
3. Tuna casserole, peas
4. Spagetti, salad, bread
5. Pizza, salad
6. Tacos and fixin's
7. Salmon fillets & rice, green beans
8. Chicken soup
9. Potato soup
10. Pot roast & potato, roast vegetables
11. Steak & salad, potato
12. Meatballs & noodles, peas
13. Schnitzel, green beans, noodles
14. Lentil-veggie stew, bread
15. Roast chicken & fixings
16. Beef stir-fry, rice
17. Saurkraut & keilbasa, potatoes
18. Beanie-weenies, salad, cornbread
19. Chicken curry, rice
20. Beef stew, biscuts
21. Biscuts & gravy, vegetable of choice
22. Beef stroganoff, salad
23. Pork roast, potatoes, veg
24. BBQ pork sandwiches, salad
25. Sloppy joes, salad
26. Oven fried chicken, potatoes, salad
27. Bean & bacon soup, bread
28. Salmon patties, collard greens, rice
29.Fish & chips, veg of choice
30. Chili & cornbread
31. Cowboy beans & rice, greens, squash (31 days in January)
So there's my menu. My shopping list I will post when I have data on how much it it will cost to buy the groceries. I have an advantage in that I have a freezer full of local beef that we bought in December (& some veggies I grew last summer), and also I have a pantry I've been stocking with canned vegetables and fruit for the past few months. The plan is to bake all our bread/goodies, which won't be a big change ( or hassle, I have a bread machine). I'm also going to try a plan of shifting from fresh produce at the start of the month to frozen/canned stuff at the end. We'll see how we do.
Hope this is helpful to someone or at least entertaining. :D I have fun watching other people's frugal experiments but then I'm a nerd.
Alrighty then, off to the store with us.
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment