So we have been having an active and challenging (and cold) day today. In fact, it's one of those unfairly cold days. It was 26 F outside when I got up; by 10am it was 16 F, at noon it was 11 F, and now at quarter to 2pm it's 6 F. Just doesn't seem fair, somehow.
Anyhow, because of my pessimistic side I've been expecting the economic woes of the country to continue into the new year, so I am experimenting with Once-A-Month Grocery Shopping. This involves esoteric skills like freezing milk and defrosting fruit, but I think I can do it. :) I made up a menu plan today for the next month, so we'll see how I do (and what I spend). The whole idea is to spend less than I would weekly shopping, which seems to be a given since it should cut down on impulse purchasing by 75% (if there's 75% less chance to have impulses). So, because I am boring and I get a kick out of this stuff, I'll be posting my menu plan and such in a separate post and then I'll let you know how much I ended up spending on groceries. Before I was spending about $60 per week, which is really too much for two people and a baby.
OK, so, moving on-- Miss Boo is pulling all the towels and washcloths out of my kitchen drawers and carrying them down the hallway, so I'd better get on that. It's also her naptime... and mine. :D
Yrs. etc.,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment