"What are you doing, Mr. President? Working on your speech?"
"No, I'm practicing my A's." (Shows clipboard of handwriting homework.) "Aren't those nice?"
--Hot Shots, Part Deux
I feel obliged to report on the weather at the upcoming presidential inauguration, given that it beat out a war in Gaza, the Russian gas crisis, the recession/depression, and a pilot who tried to fake his own death as the top story on all the major news outlets I consulted today. Apparently it will be cold at the inauguration. If you are in Washington I guess you should wear your warm jammies.
I suppose PEBO (that's President Elect Barack Obama for those of you who are new) can't help the fact that the media is swooning over him like teenage girls at a Johnny Depp movie; it's reasonable that they all feel better about the world now that he's in charge of it. Good for them.
My ladies's Bible Study, on the other hand, is fairly sure that PEBO is actually going to rip off a mask and show himself to be Jimmy Carter, cryogenically frozen and replaced by a cardigan-wearing cyborg all these years. Good for them; I couldn't get quite as worked up about things as they did this afternoon, bless 'em, and I tried to encourage them some that the best and worst of politicians end up not so much changing the world as... well, practicing their A's.
So pray for PEBO and his administration (it's a duty in Scripture, you know) not to get chilly fingers during the inauguration, and to perhaps actually glean some spiritual insight from the prayers. (And pray for Rick Warren while you're at it, that no one whacks him.) And then, let's all get on with our lives. There isn't really THAT much else we can do, is there?
Cheerio,
Breanna
P.S.
Can you tell I'm sick of political news?
No comments:
Post a Comment