Friday, January 16, 2009

Naps

(No, he isn't really supposed to be on the couch, but I left him there because he will whine when he's rousted and possibly wake up Miss Boo, and also because his gross dog snores lulled her into this state:)


So it's naptime...for everyone except me. When I lay down, Boychild tends to wake up and start practicing for the World Cup. He's getting pretty good, too; you can see the kicks from the outside now.


(He's saying hi to you in Morse code right now, since I'm resting with my feet up as I type this.)


I thought of several things I could blog about today--the vaccine/anti-vaccine argument I read on another blog, how the media only notices things that happen in New York (like plane wrecks), etc.-- but you've had two ranty posts already this week so I decided to do a sleeping baby post instead. :) You're welcome.


In updates on the monthly shopping situation, it still seems to be working well, with a couple of side benefits I didn't expect. 1) I now know we drink a gallon of milk per week now that Miss Boo has to have 3 cups of milk per day (that's 3 of her sippy cups, not 3 cups English measure) and I have to drink milk for Boychild's sake; and 2) we apparently eat 10 lbs of cheddar a month because the 5 lb block I bought at the beginning of the month is gone and it's only the 16th. This second statistic astonished me, since this has to be mainly the Husband and I-- Miss Boo could conceivably eat half a pound of cheese a month but I really doubt it. This could be why, in spite of the fact that the Husband can't drink milk because of his kidneys and I don't like milk, we have excellent bones. Hum de hum. I don't know whether I should try to change our cheese consumption or not.


Anyway, hope you're all having a great day wherever you are.


Cheers,


Breanna

No comments: