
...so am I the only one who's noticed that we're taking PEBO's (he'll only be PEBO for a few more hours, then he'll turn into P-BO) inauguration a lot more excitedly than we have any inauguration since, like, Kennedy or something? I mean I guess in one sense I can understand, because it's historic and all that, but they've been counting down to it (with a ticker!) for over a week on the morning news show I usually have on during Miss Boo's breakfast. They give the Oscars and the Olympics a ticker, for Pete's sake. Does this take away some of the solemnity the occasion deserves?
(Incidentally, I'm not being rude calling him P-BO; I called our soon-to-be-former president Dubya and I wasn't doing it snidely, it's just shorter.)
My point is that I haven't seen the media get this excited over something not involving the kidnapping of a little white girl in a long time. Perhaps this means they will subject his policies to substantial investigative rigor.
(*Snort cough giggle*, sorry.)
Well, well, as I say about the Oscars and the Olympics, at least after today the dang ticker will go away. Remember to pray for P-BO this morning, it's your duty. And pray for all of us to refrain from thinking unconstitutional thoughts because we've been goaded by tickers and Mrs. P-BO's clothes all week and we just want them to stop already because Mrs. P-BO isn't Jackie Kennedy (thank goodness) and nobody will care what she wears and can't you leave the poor lady alone already, you can tell you make her nervous because she keeps changing her hair and THEY CAN CHOOSE WHATEVER DANG KIND OF PUPPY THEY WANT, LEAVE ME ALONE WITH YOUR STUPID FLUFF STORIES!!!!!
*Pant, pant, phew.*
Ok, ready to get back to life as usual with a real sitting president again? Great, me too.
Happy Inaugurating,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment