Thursday, January 8, 2009

Helpful Miss Boo

So here is a video of Miss Boo helping in the kitchen. This is one of two drawers she can open, and as you can see the concept of "clean washcloth" is one that I am redefining.

I had a breakthrough yesterday. I'm not sure why I never thought of this before, except that I was silly enough to keep trying to do something by myself without asking the Lord for help. I finally got to the point in my (rushed Mom-style) prayers where I said, "Ok, Lord, if you want me to read the Bible every day you've just got to show me how to do it, that's all, because I can't concentrate AT ALL on the Bible when I have to keep Miss Boo from chopping her fingers off all the time."

I often think that God has a quiet chuckle at me, the way I do when Miss Boo gets her head stuck between the lamp and the chair...again. The next morning as I sat down to eat eggs with Miss Boo eating eggs in her high chair, and I thought about reading one of my pregnancy books while I ate.

"Well," said a little thought from the Lord. "If you can read a pregnancy book, why can't you read the Bible again?"

"Duh," I said, aloud, because although the Lord doesn't speak audibly to me sometimes these things just require the verbal equivalent of a forehead slap. "Sorry."

So I offer this idea to any mothers of small children who might be reading: wait until the kiddo is busily engaged smearing egg yolk in their hair, and read your portion of Scripture then, in between cooking the egg and scraping it off the ceiling.

Now if I could just find a way to keep Miss Boo from scaling any obstacle to pull the DVDs off their shelf...

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: