Thursday, February 19, 2009

YAAAAAAAAAY!

We did it! Miss Boo spent THE WHOLE NIGHT in her Big Girl Bed. Hoooraaaaay! I got six baby-free hours of sleep in a row. I feel awesome. She slept better. I could turn over with impunity without having to think about whether it would wake up the baby sleeping a short distance away. Here I was beginning to think the baby would be in my bedroom until she was 14 1/2 years old.

Aaaaaahhhhh, God is so good!

She's in an excellent mood today as well, by the way. Somehow the blanket I tucked in with her last night seems to have made the difference between awesome and what our Big Girl Bed nights have been up until now; namely, miserable. Go blankets. Blankets rock.

This is not to say she slept through the night without waking up at all, but we had no meltdowns, and she only woke up 8 times and went back to sleep with minimal patting and shushing. (I know 8 times sounds like a lot, but on a miserable night it's like 20 times. You can see why the Big Girl Bed was hard for me to stick to when she would wake up only like 2 times if she was in our room.) It is so reassuring to me that we're going to get this Big Girl Bed thing down before Boychild arrives and needs to move into our room.

As I said once before, God is so good... but then it bears repeating!

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: