I realized the other day we never actually said "thank you" to Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa for the book and the Valentine. We meant to--thank you! They're great. Miss Boo loves them. She thought the envelope was neat, too.
(In passing, why do I always say "we" when I mean "Miss Boo"? Maybe it's because I was attached to her circulatory system for 9 months and kept thinking of us as a unit. Hmm.)
Anyhoo, we have colds. Or rather, I have a cold and everyone else seems to just have an annoyance. Perhaps they are putting on a good front for me, but I'm too pregnant to put on any kind of a front and I've spent the last forty hours or so sitting in my recliner with Carol Channing voice and no sense of smell, yelping "ouch!" every time I cough and complaining about my huge left tonsil. (It's not a help to be a nurse when you're sick and to grade your own tonsils. It just makes you more morose that they hurt this bad and are a measly +2.)
The Husband was amazing last night--he took care of Miss Boo, cooked great spagetti from scratch, washed the dishes, and then to top it all off he put Miss Boo to bed. Did I marry a wonderful man or what? All I did last night was veg in front of the computer, and sip tea, and feel sorry for myself. It was awesome.
I feel a little better today, although I sound worse, and I suspect my sense of hearing isn't that acute. All my colds go to my ears because, as I had a nurse practitioner explain once, I have short eustacian tubes. (Who knew they varied in length?) Apparently they get plugged and I get all the fun of feeling like I have an ear infection without actually having an infection that can be treated with antibiotics. Oh well, antibiotics are overused anyway...
This is a very rambly post so I'd better stop for now, until I have some actual news besides my cold. Oh, and for those of you who were wondering, Boychild seems to be doing just fine. He's kicking on his normal schedule and presumably does not have a prenatal cold, and I haven't had a fever, so he's in no danger.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment