...the title is "Monday Menu Plan" instead of "Menu Plan Monday" because someone on another blog already uses that title and I didn't want to link to her because... well, I'm lazy.
Anyhoo, here at the House of Frugal Delights we (and by this I mean I) plan menus for the week on Monday. Loosely. Because I've already gone grocery shopping for the month, this just means I pick from my list of 30 meals 5 or so meals, and then 2 meals skeptically.
I only pick 5 or so meals to give us some latitude for "I feel like homemade pizza tonight" or "we have so much roast beef leftover it seems really wasteful to cook a fresh piece of meat, let's just have BBQ beef sandwiches" or "look, honey, I won a gift certificate to Macaraoni Grill again!"
Also I never bother to "plan" breakfasts and lunches, because we always eat the same thing: cereal, eggs & toast, sandwiches, or leftovers.
Here is my menu for this week, if you're curious.
Monday - Chicken bean & rice enchiladas, salad
Tuesday - Salmon turnovers (basically canned salmon, cream cheese, celery, & seasonings inside biscut dough)
Wednesday - pork chops & sauerkraut
Thursday - steak, potatoes, peas
Friday - tuna casserole
Saturday - (Valentine's Day) A Fancy Italian Meal, to wit: minestrone, breadsticks, salad; chicken alfredo, fettucini, peas; black coffee. (I will probably get chocolate of some sort in some way on this day, so I don't bother to write down dessert.)
Sunday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, challah, broccoli & roasted carrots (my husband has requested weekly challah bread).
There you have it. Not terribly fancy, but it helps to have an idea what to fix when. Incidentally, the two meals I'm skeptical about are the tuna casserole and the salmon turnovers, because they involve no thawing of anything and minimal prep time. Thus, I won't have a big thawed piece of meat dying to be used while I am trying to figure out a different dinner instead.
Oh, and I frequently move around which meal I cook on which day. Only the Valentine's Day meal needs to stay as-is.
Cheers!
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment