1. Get pregnant. (Sadly, this strategy will not work for any man other than that man/woman who was on Oprah who turned out to have XX blood and the necessary equipment but have gotten some surgery in order to be "the pregnant man".)
2. Read all the horrible things you might be doing to your baby if you have caffiene. (Might. The books grudgingly admit that there is little actual research proving that caffiene is harmful, but they tell you to treat it like vodka anyway. Oh, and you can't eat sugar either.)
3. Buy decaf coffee.
4. Drink it. Hmm.
5. Decide you don't need to drink coffee every morning. Keep making coffee for your husband until he tells you that choosing between zombie wives and work coffee is an easy decision--he will drink the work coffee. Stop making daily coffee at all.
6. Sleep in an extra hour every morning that the baby lets you.
That, in short, is why we haven't had to buy coffee in four months. I only make "real coffee" for the Husband on Saturdays and I make decaf for myself only when I'm in danger of drinking random real coffee. Amazing savings plan, eh?
I'll be happy when Boychild arrives, not just because, you know, the whole new life thing, but I really, really miss real coffee. Bleah.
Enjoy your cup,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment