Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

In no particular order:

This one counts as happy, I think.  He's trying to grab the camera, and figures the grin will predispose Mama toward letting him play with and disassemble a $400 piece of equipment.  Yeah, sure.

This is a tea party Miss Boo had with Daddy.  Because when Daddy is home for staycation, we HAVE to have tea parties, and Mama isn't really allowed to participate.  Also a happy.

Pretty--the flowers that the Husband made me get while grocery shopping--for no reason other than he thought I might like some flowers.  Because he's awesome like that.

Happy - a gnome who is also a hook.  He hangs on the wall and makes a handy place for Buddy's cap.  He was a present from a great-great-aunt in Germany, who continually astounds us with how thoughtful she is about our littles.  Miss Boo and Littleman each got one, too.

Happy - chocolate chip cookies, also a necessity for a proper staycation.

Pretty - he was sleeping and the room was dark and I wasn't going to wake him for a photo, but I think he looks even better than the roses, don't you?

Funny.
Me: Oh, I can crop you out of that picture.  I'll just leave Miss Boo.
The Husband: why?
Me (assuming everyone has my issues with being photographed): because your arm is in the air.
The Husband.: I don't care.
Me: Because I can crop it
The Husband: Was it a double batch of cookies or...?

So you get it un-cropped.

Real: a set of rosary beads, a necessity for Mama to stay cool when other...

....real situations occur.  Yes.  That is half a cup of bright red HiC.  And a little boy who knew, somewhere in the back of his mind, that he probably shouldn't be fingerpainting with it but...eh, why not?
By the way, I think "staycation" is a silly way to put it.  I can't imagine a vacation much better than this (unless I could magically teleport people here to be with us).  What advantage would it be to take these same six days we're spending relaxing and enjoying ourselves and spend them getting to An Attraction, going over the Attraction until we're footsore, and then sleeping poorly because we're crammed in a hotel room where the kids have to be quiet?

Here's to the relaxing, the homemade mead, the Pathfinder game the Husband and I are slowly working our way through, and more novel chapters.

I'm off to Staycate some more.

Cheers,

Breanna
<center><a title="Like Mother, Like Daughter"

4 comments:

~the ten of us~ said...

love the staycation! we are going to be doing the same. beautiful children and the messes only make them more so :o)

Lisa said...

Oh, I love gnomes, rosaries and staycations!! Enjoy!

Grace said...

I think your pics are lovely.:) Yummy baby and cookies, beautiful flowers and rosary case...love that!...and happy people all around. I think the gnome, however, is my favorite. Blessings to you.:)

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

oooo a staycation- sounds lovely....just I would have to hide the telephones ;)