I'm told that when I was little I used to say "Happy Memorial Day!" For those of my readers who might not be American and who don't get why that's mildly hilarious, Memorial Day began as a day when those who had lost soldiers during the War Between the States would go out and put flowers on their graves. Then they would have picnics, which is a little schizophrenic, but hey, it's generally a nice warm day and you had the time off work anyway.
So perhaps "Happy" Memorial Day isn't so inappropriate?
At any rate we are surprisingly happy, considering the night we had. Here is Buddy, eating a tortilla chip and drinking milk, and he is being photographed from the shoulders up due to the fact of his not wearing any pants at the moment the photographer was snapping.
She doesn't LOOK like she was awake from 1:45am to 6:45am, slept for 30 minutes, and then got up and charged through the day, does she?
I mean, I don't look this good when I'm awake for five hours in the middle of the night. I know. I looked in the mirror this morning and checked.
But, hey ho, at least she's happy. Mama, on the other hand, is trying desperately to figure out what to do about the nap thing. Let her sleep? Don't let her sleep? Go take a nap myself?
Meanwhile Littleman sleeps like a rock--granite, to be precise--each and every night, and reliably during naps. Thank You, Lord, for making the third one the easy-sleeping one. Or for making me so tired at night that I don't know the difference. I realized the other night that I had nursed him in my sleep--literally without waking up. The only way I knew I had done it was the Husband happened to get up with Miss Boo, who's been wakeful all week, and told me "she's calling you". I realized Littleman was eating, but I had just woken up. Spooky stuff, I tells ya.
This is him looking at his big sister, who will periodically show her affection for him by doing things like shoving a stuffed cow in his face. Because, you know, he probably wants a stuffed cow.
He's discovered his lips and is starting to babble, mostly "BLPBGLBBLBLBBPPPPBLLBBBBBB!" but, in the restaurant the other night, he yelled "GAGGGGUGGGGGGGHAGGGHGG!" at a lady at another table.
He's blurry because he's fast.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment