Kindle books. The ones published before 1923 are usually free, and I've been reading Kathleen Norris, a lady who wrote, among other things, a book called "Mother." That's probably one of the better ones that I've read of hers, but like a lot of prolific early twentieth-century writers she tends to run on a theme. Her theme? Good domestic management is the key to world peace and personal happiness. At least for us'ns with the two X chromosomes.
Less trite than you'd think, the way she treats it. Certainly it's a lot harder to conquer the world if you are continually sneezing in dust, eating bad food off of dirty dishes, and trying to sleep in grubby sheets. It's inspiring, even if I don't really believe that cleanliness is next to godliness (actually I think cleanliness is relative, and godliness isn't).
So, although today found me with...
...two feverish, runny-nosed, coughing, sneezing individuals (who you see here having a bilateral potty try), I cleaned house this morning. Hey, at least they were both on the couch for a reasonable amount of time.
This is a picture of a calm-eyed Madonna ad Child, above my sink. (Because I don't know WHY I might need the reminder to take a breath and be calm...)
My Delft on the wall, which makes me happy.
Miss Boo explaining a dosage syringe to her brother.
Littleman, whom we decided looks EXACTLY like his great-grandpa. (Yes, Graps, you ARE Great.)
We got a lot done today. Which just goes to show you never know what you can do if you set your teeth and gut it out try. Doing things is a wonderful antidote for feeling abused and unlucky. Give it a shot sometime. ;)
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment