Friday, May 20, 2011

I Begin to Suspect I'm *That* Mom

You know, the one who will be like "We make our OWN gummy bears."  I'm not quite to that level of nuts yet.  But I did make our own goldfish crackers yesterday, upon finding out that they are just pie crust dough with cheese and salt and pepper.
I didn't have a tiny fish cookie cutter so they were cheese blobs.  There still aren't any left.

"Hmmm.  IN-teresting."

"Huh?"

"Oh! CHEESE Mama!"


The best pictures are the ones where she forgets to pose.  I wonder when adults will learn that?
]

He's blurry because he's FAST.

It's really hard to do a bead-and-wire puzzle with a Civil War cap over your eyes, but he is also very opposed to Mama rearranging that cap.  Soon he'll be playing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" on a mouth harp and saying things like "tobbacy,", I suppose.

My kids and I have never been real playgroup people--in Montana we just didn't know anyone who had kids our age who we enjoyed spending time with who lived closer than an hour away.  An hour to travel over a pass means that playgroup had to be more like "visiting Grandma's house for a weekend or a week" and less like "it's a nice day, come over and play on the Slipnslide".  So we're having our first real experience with playgroup, and it's been fun.

Today, however, it's cloudy and the kiddos have been cranky since yesterday afternoon.  I think we'll be staying in, and I'll be trying by might and main to get laundry done and novel chapters written.  It's folly to think that a SAHM gets to choose her own hours--only to a certain extent and only if her kids are old enough to understand "not now, in an hour".  Littleman is flopping around my lap asking to eat right now, so I will let you go with this thought: at least we don't have to do laundry with a big cauldron outside and a washboard.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: