Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day as a Mom

I didn't take any pictures because the general craziness of daily life still pervaded--the, for instance, trying-to-get-to-the-potty-chair-and-not-quite-making-it-and-deciding-to-come-tell-mama-about-it-instead-of-yelling-from-the-original-ground-zero-and-trailing-the-mess-around.

However.  The Husband is nothing if not good at giving people things and celebrating stuff. ;)  So I have on my table right now a bunch of velvety red roses, and on my back porch a potted tiger lily, which is sentimental because I had them in my garden in Montana.

Miss Boo wrote her name, carefully and in large letters that were (more or less) in order, several times on a card for me.  Buddy scribbled, Littleman batted at the pen while his daddy held it, and, the Husband informed me, the dog licked the card.

Mostly, however, I just spent the day enjoying my babies.  They were (pretty) good through church, and kept coming to cuddle on my lap and just generally be adorable.  I watched one of my favorite movies, I Remember Mama, on Turner Classic Movies.  (TCM and NickJr are the only reason we have satellite outside of football season.)  Of course the book is even better.

The Husband roasted a chicken, which came out delicious and crispy-golden, and then children kept presenting me ceremoniously with scraps of paper (the giving of the card made an impression).  It was a delightful day, all in all.

I'm so glad to be a mom.

Thanks, Mom. ;)

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: