Friday, May 20, 2011

And Might I Add

I know some people like exercise.  I don't.


To me it's kind of like going to the dentist to have your teeth cleaned.  It's better than the alternative, but who would spend their Fridays like that voluntarily?

However, I WOULD like to have some muscle tone in my stomach and a working cardiovascular system, so I exercise.  Lately I've been exercising with Denise Austin, who at least periodically tells you to smile and that she's proud of you and that your butt will look good.  (Which is better than the exercise instructors who sternly lecture you about having Proper Form or Else.)  Bouncing Back After Baby is the DVD I'm using.  It's old--from the middle 90s, I think--but it works.  I did it after I had Buddy and quit being breathless while chasing Miss Boo.

Please note: I haven't sold out--I'm not exercising in hopes of getting skinny, I just want my muscles that got all stretched out carrying an 8.5lb baby Littleman to go back to their normal positions.  Exercise is for my heart, mainly, not my hips--although I'll take the hips if they happen to come along.

In the meantime I hate exercising, and this is me grumbling about it so I will keep doing it.

Cheers,

Breanna

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Old? From the 90's - Thanks, Dad

Breanna said...

Ah, well, I meant "Old" for an exercise DVD. There are clubs that send you one a month, you know.