At least we're not Ukraine, as in, at least we don't have Putvedev (as I call Vladimir and his buddy, who share a brain) threatening to shut off our natural gas if we don't pay our protection money. There is always something to be thankful for.
Miss Boo and I are staying inside today as it is 7 F out; we are supposed to go out to dinner with some people tonight so I hope it warms up a bit. As it is, Miss Boo is going to have to wear her snowsuit and I'm going to have to figure out how to bundle up in my very chic but hoodless maternity coat. The Husband will be fine. He is a rugged, manly type. :)
So I have discovered something about being a good girl and eating the proper pregnancy foods: it wrecks your tastes. For reasons of pan wickedness (my bundt pan refuses to release the cake properly, no matter how meticulously I grease and flour it) I have two chocolate cakes in the house. See, I need to bring a cake to that thing we're going to tonight, and I thought I'd make this chocolate cake recipie everybody likes, and I'd do it in the bundt pan so it'd be all pretty. It came out in hunks. So I have one chocolate cake in hunks, and I have one replacement chocolate cake I gave up and made in a 9x13 pan. And left in the pan. Oh well. At least they'll know it's homemade.
Given that I have this extra cake, I thought a little (little, seriously) bite of cake with my decaf coffee this morning might be sort of nice. Blech. I reckoned without the tastebuds and/or insulin receptors of a pregnant lady. I'm not sure I ever want to eat chocolate cake again, which makes me sad. I liked chocolate cake. Do you know what I ate for breakfast instead? Eggs, toast, and broccoli. Yep. It just sounded good. How wacked is that?
So I guess I'll be freezing that extra cake, unless someone wants to drive over here and get it. The Husband is going to be gone next week, and I surely am not eating that thing by myself, no matter how cold it is.
Well, extra cake is not a horrid problem to have. Hope you all have nothing worse today, and are keeping warm.
Cheers,
Breanna
P.S.
You're welcome, Steve, for the explanation of the inside family joke. You have now officially been promoted to Inside Family. (We don't speak of the Outside Family.)
No comments:
Post a Comment