Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm A Sissie...

...but I don't like single parenting. Even for a week. How could I, when Miss Boo has this kind of a daddy:

Getting ready... getting set...



One hand!


Two hands! The ceiling is safe for democracy again!



(Do you notice my cool new curtains with the copper rod in the background? They are so awesome, so much better than the striped circa-1970s-dental-office-style drapes that came with the house that had to be dry-cleaned when they got dusty, which was often, so they were constantly dusty... yeah, I like my new curtains.)

Anyhoo, Miss Boo and I took the Husband to the airport in the cold this morning (the thermometer insisted it was -0, but I don't think that's technically possible) to wing his way to the midwest to talk to Various Important Business People about how he's saved his employers buttloads of money. Or something like that. :)


While he's gone, my idea is to do all the Husband-discombobulating cleaning/organizing/shopping that I normally squeeze in around the edges of things. I do not THINK this is the nesting instinct rearing its head early. Rather, I think I am wishfully thinking that if I do spring cleaning, it might warm up outside. At least warm enough to snow!


Also, there are several non-essential-but-gnawing-at my-subconscious organizational tasks (like organizing our books) that I've ignored since we moved into the house because I had a baby and essentials to get out of the way. However, these messy areas of the house have bothered me since we moved in. And I suspect if I don't do them before Boychild makes his entrance, they will bother me for a long time to come. ;)


I'm feeling optimistic about getting everything done. So far (beginning a little before the Husband left, on Saturday) I've cleaned and organized Miss Boo's room and closet (aka, the nursery), cleaned and organized our closet, cleaned the guest room, cleaned our bedroom, and cleaned the scary drawer in my dresser that had been breeding papers and random bits. Tomorrow my ambition is to scrub the bathroom from top to bottom and replace two lightbulbs in there. If I get it done, great; if not, also great. I am being easy on myself.


With that, I'm going to get a drink of water and put my feet up.


Cheers,


Breanna

No comments: