Monday, March 2, 2009

Scenes From My Day at 32 Weeks

Here's what my life looks like today... I put my knitting by my Bible, devotional, and prayer book so that I'll remember to keep working on my son's sweater. I feel sort of bad because I made like four sweaters and a couple of pairs of socks for Miss Boo and so far all he's got from me is three inches of sweater. Oh well-- I still have 8 weeks.

My bread came out... homemade. :) It wasn't that shape when I put it IN the oven. Oh well. The Husband likes it better this way than smushed into a brick-shape from the square pans.


Miss Boo likes napping in her big girl bed. She's been napping for almost 2 hours. I can't quite believe it and keep peeking at her, most likely I will wake her up but I can't help myself.

And a little light reading... I AM at 32 weeks, after all. Only 8 weeks to go!

We had a midwife appointment today; Boychild is measuring exactly as he should, kicking enthusiastically (he refused to sit still and have his heartbeat measured today, it took her longer than usual to count it) and is to all appearances head-down. (Breech paranoia in his mother is unfounded.) The midwife did inform me I look "puffy". This is not an insult when your midwife says it, I suppose, especially when she's reassuring you that no, you're not gaining weight like a lead ball on Jupiter, you're "holding onto fluid". Therefore I am instructed to drink lots of water and rest more with my feet up. So there you have it-- a midwife-endorsed excuse to cultivate my Dr. Phil habit. Or knit. Knitting would probably be more productive.


After hovering in the teens last week, yesterday and today our temperatures have been 50 F or so. It looks positively springish outside and the dog was lolling in the grass, pretending he was a puppy. This would have been merely cute had our grass not been muddy from all the melting snow. Oh well. I give up, really, on sparkly kitchen floors when I am 1) 8 months pregnant and 2) living in March.


Well, my water glass is empty, so I suppose I should go fill it and manfully resist peeking at Miss Boo again, in awe at her sleepability. Hope you are all having a lovely Monday!


Cheers,


Breanna


P.S. This laundry day is even more fun than usual, because I have to wash the Husband's dress clothes. He has to go to the mothership of his company on a business trip next week, and he needs to look snazzy as he is presenting to a bunch of Important Executives. Don't I have a smart, talented husband? The Important Executives think they discovered him, but I had him first.

No comments: