I write stuff, I read stuff, I manage my kid's diabetes and my kids' education, and I pray a lot.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Potty Party
You may not know that this is an actual technique.
Miss Boo is really, really disliking diapers lately, and I am ever so ready for her to be finished with them, so finally we are, in the words of the Husband, "just going to tough it out with panties until she gets it". We thought potty presents--rewards for going in the potty--might be a good incentive.
So last night I tell Miss Boo we're going to do potty presents--tomorrow. As even a voice in the back fo my head warned me might happen, she ran to the potty chair and promptly peed and wanted a potty present.
So I'm rummaging around to find something and I come up with this little bear-shaped soap I'd saved from our hotel room in Yellowstone, and I present it to her. It worked.
She goes running out of the bathroom: "Daddy! I got a potty bear!"
Thus, this morning we are off to Walmart to purchase 1) more underwear 2) some more potty presents and some tissue paper to wrap them with and 3) a second potty chair, because Buddy keeps trying to sit on it with her, and it's just not big enough for two little butts at once.
I will have a post for you about weight and hypertension (hint: one doesn't cause the other) but thought you might like to know how we're spending our morning.
Cheers,
Breanna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment