This also means, "I need Cheerios! Like, NOW!"
Today we are doing nothing much, except somehow (by thunder) vacuuming the living room rug, and making an old-school dinner Mama has been craving:
Pot roast
Mashed potatoes (real)
Carrots
Peas
Homemade bread & butter
Gingerbread
Milk for children, hot tea for adults
A menu looks more elegant when it's centered, everything's on its own line, and you include beverages, doesn't it?
My pot roast recipie in the "America's Test Kitchen" cookbook takes 5 hours.
That's the problem with this otherwise awesome book: everything in it is fabulous, I mean, fabulous, but everything in it requires 1) approximately six pounds of butter and 2) ninety-bajillion hours. Not really. There are some fast recipies in here, but usually there is stuff that has to be thought of before you begin cooking, like brining a chicken or starting a marinade. Most days I'm together enough to pull this off; some days I am just not.
Anyway, it IS the best pot roast recipie I've found anywhere--makes the meat melt in your mouth--but the five-hour thing means I'd best get my ducks in a row this morning.
It's fall-ish weather here, in case you couldn't guess from the menu. Hoping that you all are enjoying some of the same, without the nasty hurricanes and such that seem to come with it.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment