I almost entitled today's post "flying solo" but then realized that while flying would be really convenient right about now, I can't fly, I can only wheel around in my chair. So anyway, today is the first day that the Husband had to be back at work and Miss Boo, Brother and I are by ourselves. It's going surprisingly well.
I've moved everything we might need out to the living room and barricaded off the areas of the house where Miss Boo can get into more than the usual level of mischief; I've set up a little temporary nap-bed on the couch for Miss Boo (which she is enjoying at the moment); and Brother's bassinet continues to reside beside my chair(s). I've got one necessary phone-call out of the way, and am dressed although I haven't figured out yet how I'm going to brush my teeth and am thinking it will have to wait until the Husband shows up for his lunch hour. So all in all, I think we're doing pretty well.
There is a pair of robins who are trying to build a nest in the fir tree outside my front window. The lady robin tends to choose sticks and things that are a nice, middling size. The husband robin tends to haul up things that are too big for him to carry, thus he ends up either trying to fit them in the nest and then finding they don't fit, or he drops them before he gets them all the way up to the nest. It's quite entertaining to watch and just confirms that one way men and women are different is that women are born nest-builders. If it was all husband robins out there everything in a house would be one color and there would be no such thing as curtains. Or doilies.
Well, enough pictureless post for now. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow and get them posted. Brother changes by the day now.
Cheers,
Breanna
P.S. Thanks for all the prayers. I know that's why things are going as well as they are and why I'm nearly pain-free. Love you all!
1 comment:
Yes, but if men built nests we would all realize the real value of curtains is huge toilet paper, and doilies make nice beer coasters!
Dad
Post a Comment