Actually, it's not that painful. I don't know if I'm brave or numb or just real full of ibuprofen, but as long as I'm not trying to move around the foot is pretty ok. Feels about like a badly twisted ankle the day after, but without the loose gooshy feeling.I see the podatrist (who does surgery, who knew?) tomorrow at 3:15 and he will tell me whether or not I need pins. I'm sort of hoping that he'll say, "Heck, you're 25! You have great circulation in your foot! You don't need pins! Get outta here!" but I think he'll probably say "Standard of care is pins and we need to put them in." I'll keep ya'll posted.
In the meanwhile my mother-in-law is with us, taking care of the kiddos and my house and I am just sitting here with nothing to do but feed Brother and blog. Sorry for no pictures of my boot; I'll try to hobble to the camera later today and capture how everybody is dealing with the crisis.
Continue to pray for the Husband, if you would; he is desperately underslept and has to have the Corporate People here this week, spreading Company Morale and Looking Things Over. They generally love everything he does, but it's still stressful for him.
OK, with that I'd better close until I can get some pictures. Sadly (or actually fortunately) my foot doesn't look too impressive, just a wee bit swollen and bruised. I don't even have nasty pictures to show, go figure.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment