Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An Anatomy Lesson



So, the foot doc guy with the Quebecois name explained it thusly: there is a big strong tendon (the peroneus brevis tendon, see above) that hooks onto the bump (tuberosity, see above) on the outside of your foot. It is so strong that when I dumped my ankle over in the parking lot the tendon jerked hard enough on the bone (fifth metatarsal, see above) that it broke it. It is barely a purple fracture, which are harder to heal than the red fractures (see above).



Therefore, since the tendon would be pulling on the bone every time I took a step, and breaking up any trying-to-heal places, I can't put any weight whatsoever on my foot for five weeks.



Yay.



But I get me a cool wheelchair to roll around the house in, which the foot guy prescribed because he felt sorry for me when I mentioned Brother. And when I mentioned also that there was a Miss Boo in the picture, he felt really sorry for me. A very nice guy, for a Quebecois. (Actually I think he's from Tennessee, his last name just happens to scream QUEBEC.)



Also, I can't cook dinner for five weeks, so the Husband will have to do it (boo hoo). And I get to ride in one of them cool motorized carts, should the Husband decide that he needs my assistance grocery shopping. Since I will only have this privilege for five weeks, I intend to be the most annoying motorized cart driver there is and drive down the middle of the broad aisle at Walmart very slowly, and try to go down aisles that are too narrow and bump things onto the floor and then act like I don't notice them, and bother store personnel to reach the high items and then decide I don't want them, and so on and so forth. We have to take our kicks where we can get them these days.



The icky part is, it's baths and not showers for five weeks. I dislike baths on account of I don't like sitting in my own filth, but baths are better than no washing at all. And at least I've got my one good foot to get in and out of the tub with.

So my adventures of the next few weeks will be less...adventurous than I had planned. But the Lord must know this is a good idea. I wish He'd tell me just why, but He has His reasons I'm sure. At least that's what I keep repeating to myself. I'm not in much pain, so that's a blessing, and perhaps I'm meant to build patience. (And socks. I've been so bored I've been knitting like a madwoman.)

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: