Here are bare Brother toes, since it was pretty hot when we took the picture.
Miss Boo has been fond of "ize"--which is Boovian for, of course, "icewater".
See? Hot for May, at least 'round these parts.
So Brother has been hanging out in just a t-shirt and diaper, chillin'.
We're still doing good as far as the foot thing goes. I was sort of moping around, feeling like I couldn't do anything, until I realized that there must be lots of mothers out there in wheelchairs, and they get things done. Of course, they probably also have handicapped-accessible houses, but hey-- I can hop and wheel around and get some things accompished. I discovered yesterday it's possible to sweep the kitchen floor in a wheelchair if you're very creative and think it through thoroughly.
The church folks have been wonderful, popping around with meals unexpectedly and offering to babysit and do laundry if we need it. I admit that I'm going to have to be more hard-up before I let the church ladies see my holey socks and spit-up stains, but we may come to that yet. I suspect the Lord is teaching me something about pride. Anyway the babysitting thing may be the start of a long-term deal, should I access the 14-year-old who's been offered up to me and should she turn out to be steady. I could see myself paying her to help out afternoons in August, when I've got to deal with (hopefully) a bumper crop of tomatoes, or when I've got a backlog of sewing to do. (She is homeschooled and done with her schoolwork around 1pm, so I'm not flouting the child labor laws. Though I do love a good excuse to use the word "flout" in a sentence.)
Well, that is about all the news I have for now, except that I did find an article on how to keep potatoes overwinter in my climate. If you want it, comment, and I'll post, but I suspect only Mom will want it and I'm going to show it to her anyway. :)
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment