Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's a Good Thing I'm Sitting Down A Lot

Beacuse Brother is turning into a moose through much eating. Seriously, I think the kid puts on chins and inches in the night. Not to mention the record-setting pooping. But that's good, right? :)

Magical mystery fingers, chins and...

..inches.


(A picture from earlier this week for comparison purposes. See what I mean?)

On the foot front (which makes me sound like a war theatre) the swelling is mostly down but the bruising is now awesomely impressive; I can look very noble by sticking my foot out and saying modestly (and honestly) "well, it doesn't hurt that much..." Note that this would be less noble-seeming if everybody didn't believe I was lying. Simpering in the wheelchair adds to the whole pathetic-Colin-in-The Secret Garden vibe I'm trying to achieve. (He was the one in the wheelchair who threw fits, remember? Not Dickon the cool Yorkshire peasant kid who was probably autistic now that you think about it.)


The Husband is impressing me hourly. Not only did this beautiful man let me SLEEP IN this morning (do you realize how rarely a mom of two littles sleeps in?) but he's been fetching and carrying for me all day and watching the very mobile Miss Boo, and cooking for all of us. What a guy.

Does this mean that if you were all able to beam here from your respective homes that I wouldn't take the help? Noooo.... but it does mean that when God gives you a broken fifth metatarsal, He apparently gives you the grace to deal with it as well. I knew He would; it's just hard to feel graceful sometimes when the lady is telling you how to turn your broken foot for the x-ray machine.


(Speaking of, you know that part in Logan's Run where they're going to give Logan a new face in the Facetron 3000 or whatever it's called, and they the lasers go all crazy and kill the Facetron operator? Well, the table that moves you around for the x-ray machine at the urgent care clinic sounds just like the Facetron 3000 did in that movie, and I kept expecting lasers. Amazing what your mind will leap to if you've seen too many movies and are not allowed to have any of the good painkillers.)
Anyway, happy Saturday!
Cheers,
Breanna

No comments: