Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Still Cold

As you can see, we're still fascinated with the tree.
And try to touch it all day long. :)
It's been below zero for about four days now, without raising above zero, and things at the Husband's workplace are starting to break because of the cold. (Nothing major, but it makes extra work for him.) It's deadly cold-- seems like it seeps in through all the joints of the house. Miss Boo and Patty the Wonder Dog and I are all downstairs hugging the woodstove this afternoon. I've discovered, incidentally, that a 2006 phonebook and a seed catalogue make better toys than...er, actual toys. Thank goodness she understands the concept of woodstove = hot.
She does not, however, seem to understand "don't pull books off that shelf" so I had better sign out for now.
Hoping you all are in sunnier climes,
Breanna
P.S.
Sometimes, do you ever want to take the people who are trying to make you use recycled toilet paper because of "global warming" and make them stand in your backyard in their underpants for ten minutes? No? Must be just me then. :)

2 comments:

Steve said...

Little known fact, once toilet paper is used and flushed there is little hope of it getting recycled. If those people really care they should be using washable cloth rather than toilet paper :) Reuse = better than recycle.

Breanna said...

You laugh, but there ARE actually people who use washable cloth. I read some of their blogs. :D

And I'm just sayin', the little green packages of TP at the grocery store SAY "recycled"... :P

(I know, they mean from other paper. It's just funnier to think of it the other way.)