No, the pictures had nothing to do with the title of the post, but they were so cute I had to put them first. :) A packback, for those of you who weren't around when we last moved, is a word coined by one of the people from the moving company who packed up all our stuff. They packed and labeled everything and some of the labels were... well, creative. For instance, we have a baby backpack that was in a box with paper and a vase, labeled "packback". So, although Miss Boo wasn't in the Official Baby Backpack today (because I can't get the safety strap around my belly anymore) she was in a thing called a mei-tai (not to be confused with a mai tai) or blanket carrier that I CAN still tie around me. It's like a blanket with straps-- you do a complicated series of twists with the straps, and voila! the baby is tied to your back like a happy possum.
Today the house was at a state where I can't even eat breakfast because everything is screaming "CLEAN ME! PLEAAAASE! FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, CLEAN ME!" Also, the diaper pail wouldn't close after Miss Boo's--ahem-- morning constitutional. And it's not easy to wash diapers if you also have to wrangle a Miss Boo who thinks it would be fun to climb the laundry room shelves. So the packback became a necessity this morning, and I am listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas tunes as insipiration, and have got most of the very horrid jobs done. Now I just have to wait until Miss Boo decides to take a nap in order to swish out the bathroom, and we'll be done.
(You think washing diapers with Miss Boo is hard? Try cleaning a bathroom with someone who has no concept of "yucky" and can open a toilet lid. I don't even try it when she's tied to my back, because she has a longer reach than you'd think.)
In an exercise in humility, I had the Husband take some belly pics of me last night but I have to fuss to get them out of the camera, so you can't see them until later. Until then,
Happy Winter Holiday,
Breanna
P.S. You DID hear that all the cool kids are celebrating the bland Winter Holiday instead of Christmas this year, didn't you? :P
1 comment:
Just Winter Holiday? Isn't that kind of vague? I'm always suspicious of people who are about "holiday greetings" instead of "merry christmas." You can never be sure which holiday they might be referring to ;P http://www.robandelliot.cycomics.com/archive.php?id=349
P.S. Warning. Some things that I find funny might not be appreciated.
Post a Comment