Today we did a little elfing at the store as well, and got gifts for folks... don't worry, I didn't buy anyone a bag of flour for Christmas. (Although how do you all feel about canned peaches? :D I kid, I kid...)
It was 10 F outside when we left this morning, or as we like to say technically, dang cold. Miss Boo was wearing a long jumpsuit-thing, a sweater, two pairs of socks, a hat, and a coat with hood. I was outfitted similarly. It was still dang cold. Makes one very thankful for that nice clicky woodstove and all the wood the Husband chops. I occasionally picture myself as an intrepid pioneer woman and speculate what it would be like to haul my pregnant self out to the woodpile and chop my own firewood...when I wasn't running to an outhouse that is... and quickly come to the conclusion that it is a mercy I was born in this day and age, when if worst comes to worst I can always use the natural gas.
Well, I don't know how much longer Miss Boo will stay asleep on my lap (baby on lap, laptop balanced precariously on knees, put up footrest of recliner, laptop balanced on shins, type without waking baby) so I will end this now-- a relief after yesterday's rant, I know. Enjoy the baby Christmas pics, and maybe I will find some more entertaining philosophical thing to blather about tomorrow. :)
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment