Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Snatching Nap-time

To work in, I mean.  The kidlets are getting really good at staying in their rooms, at least, if not sleeping-- and they're sleeping a surprising amount.  I think it has really taken us this long to get in sync again from the move.

Anyhoo, I've got a collection of short stories coming out for Kindle at the end of August, so I've been working on those like a maniac while they sleep.  It's very hard, if you didn't know, to write fiction while children are awake anywhere in the house.

But I thought I'd share with you Miss Boo's take on getting herself a drink:

Her: I want to do it!  I want to get it myself!
Me (handing her the cup): Okay, you get the water.
Her (walking to the water dispenser in the fridge): Yes, I can do it because I'm big.  I'm just huge.

Considering her size, I don't think anyone will ever look at Miss Boo in her life and think "huge".  But hey.  Go for that independent water-getting!

She also, having adapted the title from a shoe commercial, gave herself the nickname "Sporty Shorty", which seems a bit more appropriate.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: