Littleman has not read the books that tell you what your baby is supposed to be doing, month by month.
Instead he has been working on crawling off his lambskin rug, around my recliner, and over to my computer desk. While pushing a crumpled up ball of paper that his sister gave him, batting it with his hands like he's playing kick the can. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a little weird for a 5-month-old, isn't it? Making up games?
Instead he has been working on crawling off his lambskin rug, around my recliner, and over to my computer desk. While pushing a crumpled up ball of paper that his sister gave him, batting it with his hands like he's playing kick the can. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a little weird for a 5-month-old, isn't it? Making up games?
He very much did it on purpose. Thought it was the funniest thing in the world, and chased the paper all the way from the rug to the book-hutch-thing in the corner, before getting stuck against a wall and getting mad. (He still hasn't figured out that the walls don't move for anyone, it's not just him.)
That piece of paper, alas, is dead now, but I can foresee having to get him another one. Particularly since he decided to wake up at quarter to four this morning and crawl around the bed, looking for for paper.
Sigh. He'll probably sign with Manchester United (in the intervals of his neurological research studies and his symphony composing, of course) and go live in England and I will be a crotchety old lady yelling at the Brits with this maddeningly slow Texas accent I'm acquiring, trying to figure out how to get to his house from the London airport. You remember I told you this, when it happens and I'm blogging about it on the hive mind.
And this isn't exactly the T-tapp picture I said I'd post--I still need to have the Husband (whose eyes were all googly and dilated last night because of getting ready for his Lasik surgery tomorrow) take one. But I took this shot, which I will probably play with some to make it more arty, and am thinking of using it for my Author's Photograph when my book comes out in August.
(Yes, I have a book coming out in August. Don't get too excited. It's just a collection of short stories, and it's self-published on the Kindle. I'll post links when everything is final.)
Anyway, tell me what you think of the picture. If you think I should do one where I straighten my hair and/or take off my glasses, let me know, please? You are the only people I trust for this decision. Also, I just took this picture pretty quick, with children nipping at my heels. I can take a posed one.
Cheers,
Breanna

1 comment:
Eye puns! Eye can't wait. Iris I could be there for him. Sorry if that joke was cornea.
Post a Comment