Ergo, Mama has to wake up at the same time on the weekends. Littleman has an extremely regular internal clock and wakes up, every day, on the button of 6am. Then he wants me to take him to the potty, because he has to poo. And, you know, he refuses to go in a diaper--what does he look like, a baby or something?
But it's okay, because Miss Boo wakes up the moment the sun hits the back yard anyway--i.e., 6:10am. And needs milk. And company. Badly.
Littleman has been doing calisthenics lately. I spent a couple days wondering why I was so hungry all the time when I realized A) he's been pooping a lot, so B) he's been eating a lot! and C) because he's been crawling everywhere. So there you are--crawling apparently burns a lot of calories, which Mama must make up for by eating lots and turning it into milk.
Buddy, on the other hand? Buddy would easily sleep until 9 most mornings if I let him. He is a wonder that way. But alas, I do not dare let him. For you see, he needs to nap at 12:30pm in order to be awake by 2:30pm in order to be tired again by bedtime. Alack.
See her customized shoe? It took me a while to figure out how she got splotches of marker (very washable) on her seat. Finally I realized she had been coloring all over her shoes (one is red, one is blue) while sitting at the table drawing with markers, and then, being short, she tucked her feet under her while she finished coloring the paper. It's been a colorful house here lately and I think I'll go back to the rather out-of-favor crayons. If I can keep Buddy from eating them.
This is Littleman a coupl eof days ago. He can do this for almost a minute at a time. Pretty cool, huh? I know you've been sitting up under your own power for years, but it thrills me every time one of my kids does it. And I swear Miss Boo was every bit of six months before she even tried it--Buddy, too. Littleman is just physically precocious. (Baba's theory is that I was struck by lightening while pregnant. I can't remember much other than the sciatica and getting morning sick while trying to buy my new cell phone, so I suppose it could have happened.)
And yes, I did say before he is crawling. Like, real, hands-and-knees (actually he prefers hands-and-tippy-toes, but that gets tiring and he goes back to knees) crawling. Like the wind. And shoving random bits of fuzz, his sister's marker caps, or his brother's maracas in his mouth.
So I'm back in the mode of running around all day frantically picking things up off the floor. It's harder than you might think, when you've got two small people who want to share with the baby.
And a baby who is pretty sure he's as big as his siblings--if I would only give him the chance. This one, my friends, is going to be the humdinger who builds his own go-cart in the shed out of old VCRs and an Erector set. I'm proud and scared stiff at the same time.
When I started T-tapp, about a month and a half ago, I was a solid size 16. As in, my size 16 pants were the only ones that were comfortable.
Yesterday I comfortably wore a pair of size 12 shorts, although they should probably be a little looser before I wear them in public. I'm also easily able to button some short-sleeved blouses that I couldn't even close over my chest when I began. Pretty good for a month and a half, I should think.
I've gained quite a bit of muscle, especially in my lower legs and feet, and my shoulders look more sculpted than they did when I was lifting weights. My metabolism seems like it's burning like a furnace.
I am now doing the 15-minute workout every other day. I assumed, when reading the book, that this was to make the workout easier. I actually think, now, that it's to keep it challenging--it seems more difficult to me to do the workout when I've skipped a day. (Sneaky!) I mean in a good way, like this keeps it from getting too easy. I'm close to being able to exercise only every third day.
I will probably, when I feel like I'm stabilized in what size I am, go to just exercising every day again. It increases my energy so much to do so, and I really notice that my feet hurt more on days when I don't exercise, and I'm more likely to get a flare of sciatica. I catch myself doing a set of Hoe Downs now and again when I can feel my blood sugar getting too high too fast. (I.e., if we go get donuts and I eat them without any balancing protein.)
And now Miss Boo wants a "campout Dora", but I'm not sure what that pertains to, so I'd better quit.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment