I should note--which will make him feel good--that although the Husband is travelling on business this week, he has made sure to instruct me to turn on the security system, keep the dog inside, and has pointed out where the gun is. So, in case there's a mad stalker somewhere hoping to take advantage--just know that our stuff's not very pawn-able and not worth the whole dog-chewing-parts-of-you-off thing.
Alas, the Husband IS travelling, which I hate. He hates it too. The advantage of having him gone is that, hopefully, I'll be able to write at night when I would otherwise be chatting with my soulmate. Lemons and lemonade, you know.
It's been terribly hot here. Even the newspaper thinks so, and it's supposed to be bad for the next ten days. I am proud of how well we are adjusting, actually. Saturday we even went to the park and fed the Very Ugly Ducks, and nobody passed out. Milkshakes from Chic-fil-A were mandatory on the way home, however.
I read, about a lady author from the 1800s named Elizabeth Prentiss, that her children said their mother's word was law "but, o happy truth!--it was also Gospel'.
With that inspiring thought, I'm going to go mother my children for the day. Sort of makes you want to bite down on a lot of the words that spring unbidden to your tongue, doesn't it?
Cheers,
Breanna
Alas, the Husband IS travelling, which I hate. He hates it too. The advantage of having him gone is that, hopefully, I'll be able to write at night when I would otherwise be chatting with my soulmate. Lemons and lemonade, you know.
It's been terribly hot here. Even the newspaper thinks so, and it's supposed to be bad for the next ten days. I am proud of how well we are adjusting, actually. Saturday we even went to the park and fed the Very Ugly Ducks, and nobody passed out. Milkshakes from Chic-fil-A were mandatory on the way home, however.
I read, about a lady author from the 1800s named Elizabeth Prentiss, that her children said their mother's word was law "but, o happy truth!--it was also Gospel'.
With that inspiring thought, I'm going to go mother my children for the day. Sort of makes you want to bite down on a lot of the words that spring unbidden to your tongue, doesn't it?
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment