I've got the jibblies a bit this morning, but knowledge is power. First a cute story from Miss Boo to make up for what I'm about to do to you:
Miss Boo says this
is pronounced "hockey doody", NOT "pterodactyl". Just thought you'd like to know.
This
is pronounced EAHAYGOUGYGHGHAGHAHAHAHAA!
Don't worry, that's a photo from Google. I wouldn't hang around taking a picture of a snake, especially not one with its head up in a "don't tread on me" kinda way like that. Also, I did not see the snake myself--I heard about it third-hand from the people down the street yesterday, who had it in their yard.
Still.
So I got up and Googled this morning.
I now know that the Texas rat snake is often mistaken for the northern copperhead (pictured above), but that it's difficult to be sure without peering at the animal's evil little head. I know that the back yard we have, which is bare and has close-clipped grass, is ideal for discouraging snakes. I know snakes generally come out in the early morning, night, and evening, being as how they can't regulate their body temperature except by sitting on something hot or cold. And I know that I'm going to move some stuff into our garage and off our back porch, to eliminate even more cover.
All this and the snake wasn't even in my yard, it was several houses down and closer to the drainage ditch that functions as a creek most of the year. I suspect there's not enough to eat or drink in my yard to attract a snake.
But still. Jibblies.
Of course, much more potent than my piddly efforts at removing snake cover (and thankful releasing of the dog before the kids every day) is the fact that the Almighty is--well, almighty. As Miss Boo says, "Jesus is the Boss of snakes."
(Actually she says "I am the boss of the vacuum and Jesus is the Boss of me" more often, but the same principle applies.)
Sorry if you've got that snaky feeling now.
Cheers,
Breanna
Miss Boo says this
is pronounced "hockey doody", NOT "pterodactyl". Just thought you'd like to know.
This
is pronounced EAHAYGOUGYGHGHAGHAHAHAHAA!
Don't worry, that's a photo from Google. I wouldn't hang around taking a picture of a snake, especially not one with its head up in a "don't tread on me" kinda way like that. Also, I did not see the snake myself--I heard about it third-hand from the people down the street yesterday, who had it in their yard.
Still.
So I got up and Googled this morning.
I now know that the Texas rat snake is often mistaken for the northern copperhead (pictured above), but that it's difficult to be sure without peering at the animal's evil little head. I know that the back yard we have, which is bare and has close-clipped grass, is ideal for discouraging snakes. I know snakes generally come out in the early morning, night, and evening, being as how they can't regulate their body temperature except by sitting on something hot or cold. And I know that I'm going to move some stuff into our garage and off our back porch, to eliminate even more cover.
All this and the snake wasn't even in my yard, it was several houses down and closer to the drainage ditch that functions as a creek most of the year. I suspect there's not enough to eat or drink in my yard to attract a snake.
But still. Jibblies.
Of course, much more potent than my piddly efforts at removing snake cover (and thankful releasing of the dog before the kids every day) is the fact that the Almighty is--well, almighty. As Miss Boo says, "Jesus is the Boss of snakes."
(Actually she says "I am the boss of the vacuum and Jesus is the Boss of me" more often, but the same principle applies.)
Sorry if you've got that snaky feeling now.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment