There are all kinds of things that, before I became a mother, I just never pictured myself saying. For instance:
1. "Are you poopy? Well, are you poopy?"
2. "Don't play in the dog water."
3. "Don't take your sister's potty chair seat!"
4. "Don't eat playdoh."
5. "Please stop hugging/riding the dog--he doesn't like that."
6. "We don't let bugs in the house, it's okay, they won't get in your bed. Yes, we put them outside and they will fly back to their families. Yes, in their bug houses. Yes, they have little tiny bug potty chairs. No, they don't want to use our potty chairs. Their bottoms are too small."
7. "Don't eat dirt."
8. "Yep, Mamas go potty too. Yep, and Daddies. And Pat-pat. Yes. Doggies have to go potty outside. Yes, on the grass. Can Mama finish going potty now?"
9. "Don't paint with your pickles, please."
10. "DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!"
It seems like there's an amazing number of "don't"s on that list. Hmm. I promise I don't spend ALL day saying No; it's just that you forget that little brains that haven't even been on the planet for 2 years don't realize that some things, like the equality of man and not bathing in a hot cup of coffee, are self-evident.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment