Friday, October 22, 2010

Have Some Compassion On My Poor Nerves!

That's what Mrs. Bennet is always saying in Pride and Prejudice, and I confess I might be more tempted toward invalidism if I had a ruffled lacy-cap thing and a couple of servants to do the housework for me.

Yesterday afternoon, after a normal morning, I started having sciatica pain.  Lots of pregnant women get sciatica pain because the bigness of the belly pulls your lower back out of line, and it's easy to slip into bad posture.  My problem, I think, happens mostly when I sleep and can't consciously put my back in right alignment, but I also have terribly tight hamstrings which can aggravate the situation.

By yesterday evening I could barely walk, and the poor Husband had to get up with the kids last night when they woke.  Today I am hobbling around like an old woman and have called in reinforcements from Grammy's house, considering that Miss Boo and Buddy feel great today and are in a climbing sort of mood.

So, if you get a minute, pray for my sciatica, will you?  Being pregnant there's not a lot of medication you can take, and the exercises to do for it take a while to do their thing.  AND no chiropractor (yup, I was desperate enough to call them) can get me in until Monday, by which time hopefully this flareup will be gone.

In the meantime maybe I will do like the disparaging words of Mr. Bennet: "Still keeps to her room, does she?  Good, lends such an elegance to our misfortune."

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: