Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Comes A Time

...when you realized you've entered the Lamness of Mom Land.

And you don't even care.

Like today, when I caught myself dancing around the living room, blissing out to "Polliwog in a Bog" by the Barenaked Ladies.  (Note: a band comprised entirely of fairly heavy and not terribly traditionally-good-looking guys, none of whom appear nude; the name is supposed to be a joke about their physiques.)  Seriously, geek Canadian bands rock the children's album market, in my opinion:



This obviously is their video for the song 789, because I couldn't find an official video for Polliwog in a Bog.  But if you have a parent you love who has musical kids but who hates albumbs of kid's songs that feature a choir of yelling middleschoolers on vocals and a synthesizer on everything else, get them Snack Time by the Barenaked Ladies.  They will hug you and give you cookies.

Plus, who can not love an album with lyrics like this:

There are things that make me mad
You are not one of them
There are things that make me sad
But you are not one of them
There are things that make me Dad
You seem to be all of them.

Cheers,

Breanna

(P.S.  Yes, like everyone else I love the song "If I Had $1,000,000", but I have to say my loyalty to the band has dated from the Christmas album which includes a version of "Deck the Halls" to which the only lyrics are "Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young".  Sing it.  It works.)

No comments: