It sounds like some obscure disease that should have been eradicated in the 19th century, doesn't it?
But alas, it's very much with me; I suspect that until February I shall have to be a model pregnant lady. Dang it.
See, being a model pregnant lady isn't very fun. It means I have to walk around thinking about my posture, drinking all my recommended glasses of water, avoiding caffeine, doing prenatal yoga or bellydancing, remembering to take my vitamins, eating my greens, drinking my nettle and raspberry leaf tea, and putting my feet up.
Granted, I try to do most of this stuff anyway. (Well, not so much the prenatal yoga--the DVD lasts an hour and how they think a pregnant lady with two toddlers is going to get an hour to do a lesiurely yoga program, I have no idea.) But looking back over the last couple of weeks I have to admit that I have 1) been lax about my caffine intake, although I always keep it under 220mg (the limit from the Scary Book, aka What to Expect) and 2) have been sitting in the recliner. A lot.
According to the interesting website Spinning Babies, I shouldn't sit in regular chairs at all, especially with my tight tendons. I should, instead, use an exercise ball, a kitchen chair turned backwards, or sit on the floor. At the moment sitting on the floor sounds as appealing as chewing on aluminum foil, but I am also pretty much willing to do anything, including chop off my leg, to be able to think in a straight line for twenty seconds. (I.e., without having a zing! from my leg and back keep telling me naughty pregnant lady! thought you could get away with your coffee and your lifting of carpet steamers, didn't you?)
So, I get to be very, very good from here on out or pay the penalty. Let this be a lesson to you: when you know you ought to do the stretches...do the dang stretches. Sigh.
Cheers,
Breanna
1 comment:
Lifting carpet steamers? You ARE a naughty pregnant lady! If you need carpets done that's when you invite your sister over and spend the day exercising your delegation skills.
-Kindra
Post a Comment