Now that I've decided spending all day with the cracks of my attention occupied with our impending business meeting is dumb, I've got to make myself think about healthier things. For instance, how the ginger beer turned out:
Like mild gingery lemonade, if you are wondering. I think I let most of the carbonation escape. (That's Brother's birthday cake next to it. We eat cake slow here.)
He liked the cake, but not as well as the goldfish crackers.
She liked the ginger beer. But she liked her new swimsuit more. It was a real challenge to get her to put clothes on in order to go to night church that night. (Yep, it was the disastrous night, but we aren't thinking about it right now.)
Here are some of my plant babies, although they look better than this in real life (darn flash). Rosemary (that's for rememberance!) and Genovese basil, and then you can't see the cucumbers, bok choi, onions, tomatoes, peppers, and other onions. (3 kinds of onions, in fact.) Going to the nursery in the spring and buying seeds and plants is like going to the grocery store hungry--everything looks good.
We have a busy few days ahead of us--tonight the Husband and I have to go out to dinner with one of his corporate bosses, while Grandma sits with the kids; then tomorrow I actually have a Mommy-pal date. (You don't realize how important or rare this is, that I can actually get excited about library storytime. It's difficult when you've got littles and your friends don't... they try to understand, but they will keep doing things like calling to invite you to a Mary Kay party that happens at 8:30pm. And they won't understand when you laugh as though they suggested robbing a bank and moving to Panama.) The Husband will likely be working late every day and working through lunch. So. Exciting times, but at least not a lot of lesiure for morbid thoughts.
On the other hand, check out this prayer from a nun named (what else?) Mary Margaret:
"I fear everything from my weakness, but I expect everything from Your strength, O Lord."
Bingo.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment