Monday, September 28, 2009

Si, We are Alive

Non, we are not healed from our colds yet. (But hooray! the Husband only has to be gone 2 days instead of 2 weeks!)

So I don't have a good blog for you or a good picture.

But watch this. There are four parts to the video. Watch the original too, if you want, to make sure she really is as careless with language as the critique says she is.

A point the critique doesn't address: it's massively unfair for wealthy, educated, people with one or no children (like, say, most of the members of Greenpeace or the Sierra Club) to dictate the ethical choices of poor or middle-class, less-educated people with multiple children. It might be feasible if I was single for me to buy locally-made organic recycled Peaceshoes for $200. Since I've got kids to think about, we all have to buy the cheaper shoes strip-mined in China so that we have something on our feet.

Of course, they would probably rather I didn't have kids. In which case they can go jump off a pier.

Now Brother is snortling and coughing again, so I'd better go suction out his nose.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: