Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Look, The Wheels Go Round

That quote from Arthur has been running through my head, over and over again, keeping me sane, mainly because it's in the same scene with another quote:

"If I start to die, please take this off of my head."

If I start to die (or go into labor), please take this out of my hands: The wheels have been going round, and round, and round, and round, and round....

I'm thrilled Miss Boo likes books and all, but I wish there was a different one she'd like as much to go to sleep with. We've been reading Wheels on the Bus over and over and over and OVER again for the past two weeks. The only reason I keep it up is that it produces moments like this:


She's had to sleep with Baby lately. Baby has displaced Lambie as Dolly-in-Chief. It's a hard job, but somebody has to do it. Baby also has to eat what Miss Boo eats, get her diaper changed regularly, and generally be Miss Boo's own Baby. (Just in time, folks!)

I, too, have had babies on the brain recently. (Wonder why?)


I wasn't trying for a witness-protection-program-type blur here, but this is the only way I could take a picture of my own pregnant belly. That you don't get to see my double chin is a fortunate side effect. :)


It's more impressive than that in real life. I swear the kid sometimes stands with his toes on my spine and his head against my belly button and stretches out his length. At some point the belly just gets ridiculous and then the kid has to be born. I keep trying to convince Boychild we have reached that point, but I think he's going for some sort of record.


Oh, well. It's a gorgeous spring day here; my crocuses are up and the lilies and narcissus are starting to think about growing taller, the pussywillows are blooming, and the birds are singing. It'd be a great day to have a baby, but in the meantime I'm just going to enjoy the ability to have my windows open and the sunshine coming in.


Happy Tuesday,


Breanna


No comments: