While watching me navigate a particularly challenging diaper change in my wheelchair the other day, the Husband asked "Do you ever almost fall out of that thing?"
To which I replied no, I didn't, because I didn't pop wheelies backward. I only lean forward precariously toward the changing surface and catch myself with my good foot. Luckily it is impossible to catch myself with my bad foot, as it is up on an annoying pedal dealie that bangs into everything as you try to turn around. It's just fortunate that my foot doesn't particularly hurt, even if you bang it against the garbage can.
We were watching a vintage Looney Tunes cartoon yesterday that came in the special features of my DVD of Bringing Up Baby, in which one chicken slapped another chicken in true Looney Tunes fashion. Miss Boo was heartbroken that the chickens could be so cruel, and it took fully five minutes and some adept invention on my part about how the chickens were being silly, and not real, and then I had to make up a story about them going to bed before tears stopped. An empathetic soul, that one.
The only other news I have is that my potatoes are up (reportedly), my tomatoes are still alive (reportedly), and my herb garden is doing well (I can verify this visually through the bedroom window if I stand on the tiptoes of my good foot and mash my nose against the screen). There have been light skirmishes all morning between the robins nesting in front of my window and a magpie who seemed to think he could muscle into the neighborhood. The chickadees allied with the robins and the magpie has been beat back twice now.
And that's all the home news. I have a few social/theological/(boring?) posts brewing in my head, but never fear, I won't subject you to them for a little while. They need to gel.
(Jell?)
Anyway, Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment