Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For the Ladies

I suppose the gents might be interested, too, if they have lots of zits or worry about "fine lines and wrinkles", as the commercials always say.

The Oil Cleansing Method, here, is my new favorite way to get my face to quit breaking out. Might I add that I don't even have the castor oil yet, as I think it would make the Husband a bit cranky to be sent to buy castor oil out in public and all, and have just basically been slathering olive oil on my face and being okay with the fact that I briefly smell like salad. The website recommends sunflower oil, but I don't even know where you buy that 'round these parts except the hippie-dippie health food store where the Husband refuses to venture alone. So, I had olive oil, and olive oil is what I've been using.

You'd think cleaning your face with oil would make your face oily, but on the contrary it feels quite good. I run a washcloth under hot, hot water and then lay it on my face until the washcloth starts to cool off, then I do the aforementioned slathering with about a tablespoon of olive oil, rubbing it into my face, and then I re-wet the washcloth with hot water and steam my face again, and when it starts to cool off I gently wipe the oil off my face. That's it--no soap, no scrubbing, no "toning", no extra moisturizer, nada. Feels wonderful. You only have to do it at night, not in the morning. Takes makeup off, even eye makeup. My skin looks awesome and the two zits I had when I started have cleared up almost instantaneously. Amazing.

Did I mention it costs $16 for a great big bottle of olive oil (you can use the cheaper kind and save the extra virgin kind for eating), vs. $10-$15 for a teensy bottle of Facial Care Product?

I love it when things work out like that.

Happy Facialing,

Breanna

No comments: