I'm not a little girl! I'm the bionic woman!
--Freaks & Geeks
We hope to have better luck than Bill from Freaks & Geeks at people understanding what our costumes are. But we are not holding out TOO much hope. For instance we had a last-minute costume substitution, brought on by watching Tangled for the first time.
So instead of a straight-up superhero, Mama had to figure out a way to make Rapunzel. Who has to wear a LONG DRESS, it is a rule. Luckily a skirt that is shortish on Mama makes a nice ball gown for an almost-four-year-old.
As for the hair, well, I didn't have a wig. So we tied scarves together.
(Shh. Pretend it looks like hair.)
And we had to have a couple of crowns too. I remembered from my youth that headbands make quite serviceable crowns and tiaras.
Luckily my pirate is always up for more piracy. (Yes, that's a tag hanging from his hat. He won't let me take it off.) The laundry basket is a boat, and that's the only striped shirt he owns that remotely fits him. Pirates are supposed to wear 3/4 length sleeves, right?
Ar.
If only most boats had wheels. Or the hat had a feather. Or Mama had any confidence in painted-on whiskers lasting until this afternoon. (Which is why there are no whiskers on this pirate yet. I promise to take a picture if he lets me draw on his face, but he's finicky about stuff touching his face.)
"Mama, take a picture of my long hair!"
Three scarves' worth.
No, I didn't have any in more realistic colors. (Shh. She's actually pretty thrilled with this.)
Well, until the pirate drives his boat onto her hair.
Totally by accident, of course.
Hiding inside the ship moments later is only a coincidence.
Here is the princess in her tower. It had to be four chairs, by the way, not one. (What does she look like, some kind of down-on-her-luck princess, to be in a tower made of ONE measly chair? For shame.)
Texas has spoiled everyone. I can't get them to wear socks, since the cold here isn't vicious enough to make them instantly desire to have their feet covered.
Because all princesses have a little Sleeping Beauty in them.
This one is eventually going to be a parrot. Hopefully. We'll see. We may end up just eating candy tonight and not actually going anywhere, dependent on weather, housework, and Mama's energy level.
This is frustration at not being able to walk QUICKLY yet. Also, Mama was standing behind a table, and he doesn't approve of that.
At all. So he's coming to get me.
While yelling.
(Miss Boo: "You don't scream, baby. You don't scream inside. That isn't funny, it's naughty." I wonder where she heard that?)
Being a pirate is tiring work.
"Mama, I'm Sleeping Beauty now."
Yes, please.
Cheers!
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment