Well, first of all Littleman has eight. Teeth, I mean. He gets them four at a time, which is symmetrical, but which makes for a frustrating few hours before Mama realizes, "oh! he's teething! again!"
Also, Buddy has this suspicious dark spot on his right premolar. (See, I can learn a lot quickly when I get scared about my kids. Instead of telling you to count two teeth over from your right canine, I learned the name.) So he went to the dentist for the first time this morning--which means that Miss Boo, Littleman, and me all went, too. Littleman rode on my back, Miss Boo felt grownup and important "reading" her magazine on a chair, and Buddy was squiggly until the dentist showed up with a scary headlamp, whereupon Buddy froze to the chair. He didn't want to, but he did eventually open his mouth "wide like a dinosaur".
He was very brave. It wasn't a cavity, praise the Lord! only a stain. The dentist complimented our teeth and our cooperativeness, and looked at Miss Boo's teeth (also great) gratis, since she was begging to get in the chair. It's nice to hear "keep doing what you've been doing, and swing by whenever you want if you think that spot's getting bigger". I'm so glad we found this dentist--and he's a Gideon.
Gideon or no, however, it was an exhausting morning. We've been playing with our prize (a dinosaur and one of those little mouth mirrors the dentist uses), and we also went grocery shopping. So we conked out after lunch, watching Veggie Tales. Mama isn't complaining.
She got up even before her brother, who had to be physically awakened. She was the one who told me she wanted to rest.
The lot of an older sister is a difficult one. It's hard work being in charge of everyone and everything.
Thoughtfully, even Littleman fell asleep. I don't quite know what to do with myself.
(That's not quite true. I'm going to knit, quick, before the kids wake up and realize what I'm doing. That's one reason I'm not kicking this fugitive off the couch. The other is that his shoulder's acting up again, and I don't have the heart.)
It's been a while since I gave you a T-tapp picture. I haven't Tapped in 3 days, which means I'm due for it tomorrow, but it seems to work to slow down the number of workouts. Well, judge for yourself. ;)
By the way, we've been doing this system since we discovered Bud's stain/cavity/whatever. I really, really like the way it makes my teeth feel, and NO FLOSSING! You might give it a try. It's sure cheaper than fillings. I didn't buy anything from the Zellies lady, by the way--just went to the store and got the mouthwashes and toothpaste, and Trident gum (which has xylitol in it). I think you could get the CloSYS mouthwash at a drugstore like Walgreen's or CVS, but I ordered it from Amazon and got a good price. (I also ordered some xylitol mints, for Buddy because I'm paranoid now, but I don't really think that's necessary.)
Cheers,
Breanna
(Littleman just woke up. Knew that was too good to last.)
No comments:
Post a Comment