"No" he answered. "I didn't teach her. I built them a helicopter the other day but she figured this out on her own."
Carefully putting the pieces together.
"Look Mama. See, Daddy? It's train tracks. Like a Dinosaur Train."
"See?"
I do, honestly, see these moments most of the time. It's been a hellacious few weeks, between the Husband's work schedule, the record heat, and me trying to write.
I'd just skip the writing but that makes me jittery and distracted--I mean more than usual--and nobody likes it when I do that. So I try to write in and around the kiddos. Taking care of them and wiping up poop and feeding them and teaching them not to climb the toilet or each other. There's not much "around" left, really.
And then at the end of the day, you look around and go, "what did we do all day? besides pick legos up seven separate times?"
The answer, apparently, is that they were learning all day long. Which I'm sure grateful to have photographic evidence of, because this motherhood gig is a toughie. Like, I sort of think most of the time I should be better at it. But all I can do is keep doing it, and keep seeing the good moments. God gave me the job, and He'll enable me to get it right.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment