Saturday, September 17, 2011

Grandparent Edition! (Well, and Football)

The NFL started last week.  We were excited.

(Yes, it lamely took me almost a week to get these photos posted.)

She had to have a pink version of her Daddy's Jerome Bettis jersey.  Because otherwise all she cares about during football games is identifying the guys who wear #10.

See?  Like father, like daughter.

Not that we're fans or anything.


This is being upset that football isn't also a cartoon called Word Girl.  She crams herself in between the bookcase and the wall.  It's a great pouty-hiding-place.  Bud gets in there a lot too.

Also lamely I had a hard time actually capturing the grandparents on film.  Here is Miss Boo "folding" laundry (and I think Grammy's hand).

Here is Buddy trying to pay attention to his training (while Grammy's hand is folding laundry in the foreground and Baba's feet are off to one side)

He had this little orange plastic frog from Great-Grandma that has been very popular.

Here is Littleman, proving he can stand up while only holding on with one hand.

And posing for the camera...

And crawling away from his favorite window...

We got a typewriter from Grammy, and we were so thrilled to have a "computer".

Eventually Mama wised up and took out the "paper"--the typewriter ribbon.

Thank goodness, or it could have gotten pretty messy.  As it is, she's rapidly learning to type.

Back to the favorite window, with the babysitter.

"Oh Graps?  Graps?  Whatcha doin, Graps?"

"Me?  Oh, I'm just watching the bushes sway and the cars go by."

We had a great time with the grandparents, and sent them off to Iowa this morning (after which they will return to the Rockies).  And now... back to real life, and more writing, and perhaps more posting.

Now if you'll excuse me, Buddy really really really thinks he needs Coke for breakfast, and I have to go dissuade him.  (I typed "oblige him" the first time accidentally.  Is that disturbing?)

Cheers,

Breanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know, Ellie loved seeing Miss Boo, Buddy and Little Man. It made her day. She also wants me to ask you to please tell Miss Boo, "I love you, I miss you and Spiderman."

Kindra