There was a tornado in a town in my state today; a rare thing for us. Here's a video of it blowing down a big arena. (Ain't YouTube wonderful? I post a link and not the video because the people filming the tornado are so impressed they swear. So mute your speakers if you don't want to hear it; you can pretty well guess their reaction anyway--along the lines of "oh, wow, that's big and dangerous and we're FILMING it!")
As if in response to this metaphor, the Husband (and to a lesser extent, Miss Boo) have been having tummy tornadoes since yesterday afternoon. I've been pouring Gatorade and Pedialyte down their gullets and trying to think of appetizing ways to combine bananas, rice, toast, and applesauce. (Answer: there isn't one.)
I was going to take a picture of Miss Boo "helping" me fold laundry today, but couldn't quite coordinate it.
Likewise, I was going to take a picture of Brother with chocolate ice cream smeared on his face. (What? It becamse apparent we were all craving ice cream, and it stayed down, and everyone felt much better. Not the least Mama, who's been wracking her brains for something, anything to feed her brood.)
A few things I have learned:
You can make a very nice chicken broth with one chicken leg and about two and a half cups of water, and from that you can make chicken-rice soup.
The ice cream really was a good idea.
They make Gatorade in a powder, like Kool-Aid; they make Pedialyte the same way. Not bad stuff to have in the cabinet, so you don't have to pack everyone up into the car and leave them groaning in the parking lot while you run into the store and grab rehydration fluids. I'm just sayin'.
Ice makes almost everything more appealing. The soft ice from Taco John's would have been even better but I didn't have access to that.
It's easier to poach eggs in a frying pan than a saucepan.
I'll try to have pictures next time.
Cheers,
Breanna
No comments:
Post a Comment