Monday, August 31, 2009

Now I Have Book Envy

...not that it's a hard thing to give me book envy. I mean, I like 'em all, cookbooks, tiny little mouldering paperbacks from the 60s, clothbound schoolbooks from the 20s, modern editions, everything. But I finally watched 84 Charing Cross Road today, which I told the Husband was a romance part way through. I was right, it just wasn't a romance between two people. It was a romance between Helene, the main character, and English Lit. Put it on your Netflix. I am a bit mad that the bookstore in the movie is fictional. If I ever go to England, they'll probably only have the same things that Barnes & Noble have, anyway.

No baby pictures today, mostly because I have to charge the camera battery, but I assure you they're both doing great. Brother is getting fatter by the hour, thank the Lord, and Miss Boo has red "pant" on her toenails today and feels Gorgeous because of it. The Lead Mitigation Lady from the county came by to check our walls and windowsills today and Miss Boo took that moment to make the couch Gorgeous too, albeit with a (thanks again, Lord) washable yellow crayon instead of nail polish. Of course, I couldn't become Mama the Wrathful because the Lead Mitigation Lady was here. Miss Boo is no fool.

We are enjoying a few tiny thunderstorms before it's time for me to go out and harvest the army of green beans invading the northeast corner of my garden.

With that short update, I think I'll get back to my squad of GIs who have been patiently waiting for me since last night (in a short story). I left them standing in the Black Forest, and now I have to figure out how they're going to get out again.

Cheers,

Breanna

No comments: